Hi Sam,

Thanks for your email.

In Cash system of accounting we consider figures which
are realized or paid. We don't consider figures which
are accrued or incurred.

e.g. If we have provided some services to client &
raised invoice for it of amount $10k on 1-Mar-05.
We receive payment for this invoice on 2-Apr-05.

If we are following cash system of accounting,
This $10k will not be part of revenue untill its
received, even though we have raised the invoice.
It will be part of revenue when its received.

In above example, $10k is reveue for date 2-Apr-05 not
1-Mar-05.

If you want any more information, please get back to
me.

Thank you,

Yogesh Kasat