-----Original Message-----
From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hans-Walter
Bous
Sent: 22 May 2006 19:38
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Record Level Security problem

Hi James,
  to get RLS work properly you have to make sure that the users you want to
set it up for get their table rights just from one group (the one where you
set up RLS).
  Rights are cumulative !!! The only exception is function rights and table
rights. You may have full control on e.g. custtable but only read-access on
the menu-item CustTable. So your user will only have read-access.
  And it's the same the other way round.
  John

James Flavell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
  Hi I am trying to get the RLS to work but not sure am I doing it right...

If a have two usergroups:

UserGroupA - setup permissions for table and form for ReturnAction
(fullcontrol)

UserGroupB - setup RLS rights filtering ReturnAction table Scrap == No

I have a user just in these 2 groups.

Now supposedly this setup will still show the user ALL the return action
records (whereas I just want to show the records with Scrap equal to
No)!!!!!

The online help mentions about if there is a usergroup with no RLS then the
user will get full RLS rights (i.e. see all records) so long as they have
full permission (i.e. full control permission).  So I am guessing in this
case the UserGroupA (which has no RLS set) is overriding the UserGroupB.

Is the result I am getting correct?  To me it does not seem the right way to
do things because I will have to make sure no other user group has
permissions set on the ReturnAction table in order to get my RLS to work!!!!

I am using SP2 with Domains (not sure if there are bugs with such
environment?)

Thanks
James

        Business finance course   Business to business finance   Small
business finance     Business finance consultant   Business finance magazine
Business finance schools

H.W. Bous