Hi Harry,

Yes. And because of the additional fields Recid in each table, I was
also able to enter same S.O.,same item and then the given linenum is
also same as 1. Meaning axapta accepts the entry since the ultimate
key being considers here is the recid which is always unique per
record.

Thanks for your help. I now understand more how axapta works.

Patrick

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Deshpande"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>

> Yes, you are correct. If my memory is correct then this behavior
changed
> in Ax 3.0, next line num was always the next number in Ax 2.5
>

> Regards
>

> harry
>

> ________________________________

Deshpande"

hemamalinis@
> > wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > In the SalesLine form, there is a property called counterfield
in
> > SalesLine
> > > DataSource. There, u have to mention the field to be
incremented.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM