-----Original Message-----
From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Subbu
Sent: 29 November 2006 22:53
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Duplicate LineNum

Hi James,

how are you?.

We had this problem back in 2004 where we had the same PO line being
generated when you go on clicking 'New'  line without filling up any
items. say if you click the 'New' to create the line for 3 times,
the line number will be 3 only and start from 3...

The way we fixed is,

1. Create a job which will output you the PO ( or SO's) with
duplicate line numbers.

2. Fix them using a job.
3. Change the PurchLineIdx  on Puchline to allow duplicates to 'No'

That above took care of everythign.

thats my exp James.

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "James Flavell"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Lars and Patrick
>
> I had a customer today who had problem of line number being the
same for a
> lot of lines on their PO.
>
> We found out that if the user creates a new PO line but does NOT
fill in the
> item number and then creates one more PO line (so 2 lines with no
item
> numbers).  When they go back to these lines and fill in the item
numbers
> both lines get the same line number.
>
> Example:
> Create PO line with item X (line num1)
> Create PO line with no item (line num2)
> Create PO line with no item (line num3)
3 change
> to be the same number)
>
> Note: Once both PO lines have the same number if you add any more
lines in
> between these 2 then all the lines have the same linenum.
>
> This happens in SP2 and SP5 (in between SP not tested but expected
to be the
> same)
>
> Has anyone experienced this and have a solution for it?
>
> I believe the problem is the PO lines without item number are not
really
> table records (i.e. only existing as 'form records') and so the
line
> numbering routine basically ignores (or does not see them) when
you come
> back and assign item number (i.e. the line numbering only looks at
committed
> records in the PO line table to determine is there any line before
and after
> the line that has been inserted).
>
> Thank
> James
>

> James Flavell
> CITP Pte Ltd
> Singapore
> Tel: +65 97582281
> www.columbusit.com

chuapatrickd
> Sent: 20 July 2006 18:11
> To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: LineNum
>
> Hi Lars,
>

> Yes. You are correct. I've applied a filter and then add a new
record.
> I was given a linenum of 3 which is already existing among the
line,
> thus there is really redundancy.
>
> Anyway, I'll just have to be very careful on this.
>
> regards,
> Patrick
>

> --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Lars Holm"
> <lars@> wrote:
> >
> > Be careful using this feature as it is buggy. When a filter has
> been applied to the datasource (e.g. the user has found a specific
> record), only the line number from this one record is considered
and
> not the other line numbers in the table thus it will cause
reduncancy.

> > Best regards,
> >
> > Lars
> >
> >   _____

incremented.
> Here,
> > LineNum is given. So, it will be incremented automatically. i
think
> u get
> > my solution.
> >
> > regs,
> > Hema. S
> >
> > "chuapatrickd"
> > <chuapatrickd@ <mailto:chuapatrickd%40yahoo.com> yahoo.com> To:
> Axapta-Knowledge- <mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village%
40yahoogroups.com>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Sent by: cc:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-
Village]

Visit www.axapta-knowledge-village.tk