Hi Harry,

I'm using Ax 3.0 with service pack 5
I hope we can find something for this because this is really a
critical issue for us right now.

thanks in advanve,
Nilay

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Harry Deshpande
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi NU
>
> I can understand what Ax is doing and it seems logical.
>
> What version are you using V3 or V4?
>
> Let me see if there is a workaround
>
> Regards
>
> Harry
>

> ________________________________
[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of imaginationss
> Sent: 27 November 2006 12:59
> To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Axapta Production
Scheduling with Multiple Shifts...

> Hi,
>
> Could you please explain your answer to this question a bit more
> detailed for me?
>
> I'm having the same problem with the production scheduling and
> couldn't figure out how to solve it with the solution you mention.
>
> If we have a work center group (WCG) with 2 workers in it, working
> in shifts. Worker 1 (W1) is working between 08:00-14:00 and worker
2
> (W2) is working between 14:00-20:00.
> I assign the work to this WCG on the route.
> Let's say that the process time is 1 hours per product.
> I sell 9 items and run the master scheduling for "job scheduling" I
> will have 9 hours of workload in total. (1 hours per product X 9
> peaces)
> The system assigns the work to the W1 in the morning for 6 hours
> (between 08:00-14:00) and for the left 3 hours of work it waits
> until the next day 08:00 o'clock until the W1 becomes available
> again. The W2 sits free by this time without any workload. Normally
> we expect the system to assign the left 3 hours to the W2 to
> continue in the second shift. But it doesn't.
>
> This is really very critical for me right now.
>
> Thanks in advance
> NU
>
> --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Axapta-
Knowledge-Village%40yahoogroups.com>, Michael Spadaro
> <mspadaro2@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Harry;
> >
> > That seems to be the way to work around this shortcoming in
Axapta.

> > ms
> >
> > "Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande" <harrydesh@> wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > Do you see any issue if you use a single work center with a
single
> calender (inclusive of multiple shifts)? (may be the number of
> workers differ from shift to shift?)
> >
> > regards
> >
> > harry
> >
> > mspadaro2 <mspadaro2@> wrote:
> > Hello All;
> >
> > In the plant where Axapta is used, there are 3 shifts - 1st, 2nd
> and
> > 3rd. We are trying to schedule people who assemble equipment. An
> > assembly operation usually takes more hours than can be
> accomplished
> > in a single shift. Therefore, people on the next shift take over
> > and continue assembling the equipment.
> >
> > I have a single work center group set up that contains individual
> > work centers. The work centers are of type 'Human Resource' and
> > represent each of the assembly people. I also have three
calendars
> > set up - one for each shift. The work centers contain the
> > appropriate calendar for the shift the person works.
> >
> > Whenever I run job scheduling for the production order it always
> > uses a single work center and schedules it out for multiple
> > consecutive days, scheduling only one shift per day. I want it to
> > schedule all three shifts in a single day - the first shift work
> > center, then the second shift work center, then the third shift
> work
> > center. After a single day of all three shifts having been
> > scheduled, then it should begin the process again for the next
day
> > until all of the demand is satisfied.
> >
> > In the route, I have set the 'Quantity of Work Centers' field to
3
> > and it still does not schedule consecutive shifts per day. In
> fact,
> > I get an interesting error.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Michael Spadaro
> > Clients First Business Solutions

> > http://mail.yahoo.com
> >
> > Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.

> > Business finance course Business to business finance Small
> business finance Business finance consultant Business finance
> magazine Business finance schools

> > Axapta-Knowledge-Village-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village-
unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>