Hi George,

thanks for all these perspective....what i meant was not a seamless integration
with AX and FAS 1000 but something like import of say for example the
depreciation transaction, acquisition, disposal etc transactions from FAS to
Axapta on monthly basis before month end closing. Axapta do have a menu in
general journal lines-Funcstions->import BEST FAS file to populate the ledger
from the saved FAS file. I am not sure what does that do but think that it
should read a specific FAS format and populate the data to be posted in Ax.

Off course there should be mapping of our Ax ledger journal line fields and the
data from FAS, i am not finding any such setup to be done in Axapta for this
mapping/tagging, so was wondering if that is in FAS, where we can define that
export the transactions with x,y,z.....fields as required in Ax and Ax does is
just import it to the required fields after reading the file.

This would be one way integration through file import i.e from FAS to Axapta. i
do not have any idea if i am talking sence but what i know is there is
something that talks to Ax but how no idea.

I just wanted to know if any one has worked on this part, and it is a simple
do-able task for a functional consultant with little guidance or involves
technical skills like COM, .Net assembles as mentioned by you.

thanks and appreciate your response

Amit