I agree that CSV file is faster than Excel, but if you have close to
65000 records I would never recommend using it. Still going to take,
much, much longer than X++ code.

Most of the time, during implementations, you can re-use a lot of the
same X++ import scripts that you have done in the past. Still I never
recommend going that route if you have over 40,000 records. The time it
will take to develop an X++ import code, and import it vs. using the
standard import is much less, much less. Plus you have the X++ code
developed now, and have total control, and you can build from that, and
re-use.

X++ is so much better, and the far better choice. Now for one time
imports, that deal with new installations, that are less than 40,000
records per spreadsheet, CSV file, sure use the standard. If you go
beyond that, your wasting time...

thanks,

J. Brandon George

Senior Technical Architect