From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
futzawm [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 9:23 PM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Production closing error: "Quantity ordered
may not be reduced, as there are.."

Please help on the following problem (I have seen similar questions in
the forum but none Were resolved):

We are trying to close a production order and the following error is
being generated:

Calculating BOM Consumption
Posting - Picking list journal
Journal: PJXXXX
Voucher: PVyyyy
Line No: 1
Item No: 00123

Quantity ordered may not be reduced, as there are not enough stock
transactions with 'on order' status.
The items are 'Sold', 'Deducted' or 'Picked'.

The production was started with the item in question but another item
was substituted during production. Registration of the picking list
journal was thus done with the item consumption = 0. There are no
transactions with 'Sold', 'Deducted' or 'Picked' status for the item
as referring to that particular production. However, the item
transactions show a quantity equal to the original started quantity
with status 'On Order' for that particular production (therefore, no
reason for the error "not enough stock transactions with 'On Order'
status"). I saw one earlier response to this type of problem by
"fvatne" where it was suggested that the problem can be a result of
mismatch "between different dimensions". This seemed a logical reason
but the problem was not solved even after we removed all dimension
restrictions on the particular item. How would we be able to resolve
this problem? Would be very grateful for some pointers.

Thanks.
Mikki