Hi,

We are facing the code upgrade problem from 3.0 to
4.0.

We have the application files in 3.0. The 3.0 system
was connecting to the oracle db. we are now trying to
upgrade the code in 4.0 with SQL db. But after
following the standard steps for upgrade it is giving
the problem: Listed below are the steps and problem:
We are facing few problems when moving our application
from 3.0 to 4.0
and also Code Upgrading in Test Environment.

This is what we have done.

1) We have installed a new dynamics AX 4.0 with SP1(
appl, client,AOS, empty database).

2)Unchecked the check box "Start the AOS Windows
service as part of installation"
3) We have copied all the application ( *.aod,
*.add,*.ahd,*.ald,*.khd ) files  from 3.0 above the
DIS  to 4.0\Application\Appl
\Standard .

6)Copied all the *.aod files from 3.0 to
4.0\Application\Appl
\Standard\Old. ( here we don't have AxSys.aod and
AxUsr.aod to copy in
old so we have copoed standard AxSys.aod file).

7) Deleted the axapd.aoi file form
4.0\Application\Appl\Standard
\.

8)Started AOS.

9)Started client

(When we started the client it is giving the error as
shown in the
attached file).

When we check the event viewer it is giving the info

Object Server 01: The database reported (session 3
(Admin)):
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid
column name
'MSM_SVCCALLUSECREATEFORM'.. The SQL statement was:
"SELECT TOP 1
A.ID,A.DOCUHANDLINGACTIVE,A.DOCUTOOLBARBUTTONACTIVE,A.HELPMARKEMPTYLINKS,A.­HELPTHEME,A.GENERATEEXECUTIONPLAN,A.EMAIL,A.COMPILERTARGET,A.LANGUAGE,A.EVE­NTPOLLFREQUENCY,A.EVENTPOPUPLINKDESTINATION,A.EVENTPOPUPDISPLAYWHEN,A.EVENT­EMAILALERTSWHEN,A.EVENTPOPUPS,A.MSM_SVCCALLUSECREATEFORM,A.RECVERSION,A.REC­ID

FROM SYSUSERINFO A WITH( NOLOCK) WHERE (ID=?) ORDER BY
A.ID"

10)   Synchronize

11)   When we tried to create the upgrade project it
is giving the
same error.

Regards
Mohit Rajvanshy

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time