From: Hardi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 2:49:57 AM
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Inventory Pick automatically suggest what
inventdim to be used?

Dear all,

I wonder how Axapta automatically suggest what inventdim to be used
during inventory pick?

Here is my scenario:
I have itemX having inventory model group that requires picking,
serial number controlled.

I created and posted InventMovement Journal for item X:
+10 qty for serial# S001
+20 qty for serial# S002
+30 qty for serial# S003

My on-hand after posting is 60 qty.

Then I created profit/loss journal for -20 qty.
When I do inventory pick automatically axapta suggest 2 lines:
- 10 qty for serial# S001
- 10 qty for serial# S002

How this is happening? Does Axapta "read" the LotID from "purchased"
lines and sort the picking based on that? Why it is not suggest i.e
for 20qty S002 or 20qty S003?

Thanks & regards

Hardi

Using 40SP1