Hi lukas,

its a good example. are you using routing in production?

U say that each size has a different batch number/serial number
eventhough the item number is same???

awaiting ur reply

madhu
--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Lukas Nugroho Putro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi...
>
> we use batch number for Lot Number and Serial Number to accomodate
Item size. example : we have 1 roll steel with size 1300 then we cut
it into 2 part but item number still the same, only size is
different. 1 roll steel with size 1200 and 800. so everytime they
want to produce steel they need to input batch, serial and qty in
Production Order and BOM

> lukas nugroho
>

> madhubabu_r <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:                                  Hi
> [...]
this
>  scenario. do u mean that batch and serial number is different
after
>  the plating process? how do u show the plating process when I dont
>  have routing here? please reply.
>
>  madhu
>  --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Lukas Nugroho
Putro
>  <sancta_mariae@> wrote:
>  >
>  > hi,
>  >
>  > i've been implemented for Steel industry. i think it seem like
>  yours. we use batch number and serial number to accomodate user
>  request that they did not want to create new item number after
>  processing.
>  >
>  > andrianchan <msbaxapta@> wrote:
>  Hi,
>  >     Suggestion would be create Plating as one of the service
item
>  and
>  >  enter the cost as part of the soft BOM.
>  >
>  >  Rgds
>  >  CM
>  >
>  >  --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "madhubabu_r"
>  >  <madhubabu_r@> wrote:
>  >  >
>  >  > Hi friends,
>  >  >
>  >  > Plating process is done on almost 70% of components(about
7000
>  >  items).
>  >  > Currently, we are implementing only part of Production (No
>  routing
>  >  is
>  >  > there).
>  >  >
>  >  > Our customer do not want to create a new Item number after
>  Plating
>  >  > operation. Both plated and non-plated components are being
>  stocked
>  >  with
>  >  > the same item number.
>  >  >
>  >  > What I want is how to load the Plating process cost on these
>  items?
>  >  >
>  >  > I am creating Purchase Orders for this process to aid bill
>  passing.
>  >  But
>  >  > to load this cost on the items??? Pls help...
>  >  >
>  >  > Thanks and best regards,
>  >  >
>  >  > Madhu Babu Rapolu
>  >  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Looking for earth-friendly autos?
>  >  Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Yahoo! Autos' Green
Center.