hi Madhu,

  When you send item 4LS2057 to vendor, in Ax you create production order
4LS2057 with Batch B. In BOM screen you input the same item (4LS2057 Batch A:
it's a workaround) and Subcon services. system will capture the cost of goods :
4LS2057 Batch A = 4LS2057 Batch B + Subcon Service Fee. If you create
Production Order Subcon system will automatically create Purchase Order for
Subcon Services.

  lukas nugroho

madhubabu_r <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the reply. I am giving an example below:
4LS2057 is manufactured component made out of 1SSSH0.10 (raw matl).
This 4LS2057, after manufactured, will go out for plating process
(subcontracted) before final assembly. 4LS2057 along with other
components is assembled in our factory, final product is 4LSB2057.
Where do we accomodate this Plating process in the process? How does
the cost of this Plating process is loaded on 4LS2057?

Can you also guide me into the area of payment to subcontractor for
this plating process done?

How can batch and serial numbers aid in cost capturing?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Madhu

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Lukas Nugroho Putro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi Madhu
>
> I did not use routing in production. They only applied Production
I. Yes, they use different batch number / serial number eventhough
the number is same. But, if we do not want to create new batch number
for the rest of the roll after production we still use old serial
number.We use new batch number for tracing purpose especially for
cost of the good