On 9/15/07, mukesh ranjan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Neeraj,
>

> Active Directory is an essential and inseparable part of the Windows 2000
> network architecture that improves on the domain architecture of the Windows
> NT 4.0 operating system to provide a directory service designed for
> distributed networking environments.
>
> Active Directory lets organizations efficiently share and manage
> information about network resources and users. In addition, Active Directory
> acts as the central authority for network security, letting the operating
> system readily verify a user's identity and control his or her access to
> network resources. Equally important, Active Directory acts as an
> integration point for bringing systems together and consolidating management
> tasks.
>
> The systems integration part is the prime target for Axapta using the
> Active Directory. Whenever possible, Axapta uses the Active Directory to
> store, share, and retrieve information interesting for more than one client
> or program. When running an Axapta Object Server environment, the Object
> Servers will be able to publish their existence in the Active Directory, and
> the clients will be able to locate an appropriate Object Server by searching
> the Active Directory. By using the Active Directory this way, the use of
> Axapta will become service-centric rather than machine-centric. And even
> more important, this indirection allows an administrator to centrally
> redirect one or more users to alternative servers.

 When creating an Microsoft Axapta form, you can benefit from using ActiveX
controls. An ActiveX control is a COM object that can be used as a graphical
control inside an application. ActiveX controls can be purchased from a
large number of vendors. The diversity of functionality is enormous. The
software available as ActiveX components spans from simple components such
as check and combo boxes, to larger more complex components such as
spreadsheets, calendars, Internet browsers, and communication programs. When
you install software such as Microsoft Office, or Microsoft Internet
Explorer, a large number of COM objects and ActiveX controls are added to
your computer. Before a COM object can be used it must be registered in the
registry. The installation program normally handles this as part of the
installation process.
*

   1.

   Right-click the Design node for the form, and choose New Control from
   the menu.
   2.

   Choose ActiveX from the sub-menu.

*

*Right-click the ActiveX control in the Application Object Tree, and start
the ActiveX Explorer*

**

*regards*

*Mukesh Raanjan*