Forgive me, madhubabu_r, if it's just a typo on your part, but you
list InventJournalTable and InventTrans as the tables you uploaded.
Shouldn't this be InventJournalTable and InventJournalTrans as Sumit
Loya listed?

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Sumit Loya"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Madhu,
>
> Am not exactly sure why this error is coming.
> The best way to load opening balances is thru Movement journal only.
>
> I wud not guess the reason for this error as this error information
is not
> descriptive enough..
>
> u can try and to debug and see from where this error is coming and
on what
> condition.
>
> Do let me know if u come to know anything on this front.
>
> One more thing if you are posting Movement journal then u need to
have data
> in InventJournalTable (Movement journal header) and
InventJournalTrans
> (Movement journal line). You need not create records in InventSum.
It will
> be taken care while posting the Movement journal also enure that the
> Inventory dimensions id that u will provide in InventJournalTrans
exists
> before you post the records.
>
> Regards,
> Sumit
>
> On 9/26/07, madhubabu_r <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   Hi Sumit,
> >
> > Finally shud i take the following tables in the excel templates:
> > InventJournalTable
> > InventTrans
> > InventSum???
> >
> > The tables I have uploaded are InventJournalTransa and
InventTrans. I
> > have managed all the number sequences in excel template itself. I
> > could upload the data into the Movement Journal Lines. Movement
> > Journal was also posted. I could see the onhand stock. But when I
was
> > trying to create a Sales order/Purchase Order /any inventory
> > journals - just after entering the item and i click save I am
getting
> > an error message - "Illegal Reference" and I cannot proceed
further.

> > Any answers for this??
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Madhu