We are trying to get AX to create a new line and enter the barcode
from the scanner without having to touch the keyboard or mouse to
enter another barcode.  This is the Pick List Registration Form. The
idea is that a warehouse person will pick 20 of the same item for an
order and needs to record the unique serial numbers. The problem is
that AX wants us to select the LOT ID manually and we can't figure
out how to automate that.

The form being referenced is Forms\InventPickingListRegistrate. There
are two data sources being used for the grids: one for the header,
and the other for the line items. What we are trying to do is capture
when the new line command is run (I believe the bar code scanner
inserts a value and runs a CTRL-N-like command), and override the
parent class (super()?) so that we can capture the Lot ID for the
just-entered line. For the demo, we would like to also copy in the
previous Item Number and Delivery Date values. This way, we can show
that items can be scanned without touching a keyboard.

Any help from an AX expert would be appreciated.

Dan Fine
Fine Solutions