hi Ankit/Amit,
you can obtain the data upgrade scripts for AX 3.0 SP5/6 India to AX
4.0 SP2 India here:
on customersource:-
https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/hotfixes/MSDAX3toAX
4_India
on partnersource:-
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/worldwide/asiapacific/download
s/hotfixes/MSDAX3toAX4_India
unfortunately, these aren't specific to SP3..
you will need to write your own data upgrade scripts for the data
schema delta between SP3 and SP5 + your customizations.
here are some links in regard to data upgrade:
on customersource:-
writing data upgrade scripts -
https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/whitepa
pers/msdyax40_writing_upgrade_scripts_whitepaper.htm
upgrade script documentation -
https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/documentation/whitepapers/dax
40sp1_upgradescripts.htm
known issues when upgrading -
https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopi
cs/ax30to40upgrade.htm
on partnersource:
writing data upgrade scripts -
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/documentation/whitepapers/msdy
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/documentation/whitepapers/dax4
0sp1_upgradescripts.htm
known issues when upgrading -
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/resources/support/selfsupport/
hottopics/axapta/ax30to40upgrade.htm
given that SP1 is required for the upgrade path to SP2, the following
link may prove helpful:-
AX 4.0 SP1 data upgrade field list for AX 4.0 SP2 India -
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/worldwide/asiapacific/download
s/hotfixes/indialocalizationsp1sp2.htm
upgrading AX 4.0 to SP1 -
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/documentation/whitepapers/dyna
x4toax4sp1upgrade.htm
and if you want to tune the upgrade on SQL Server, read this -
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/documentation/whitepapers/ax40
_upgradeoptimization_sql.htm
after you have the data upgrade scripts in place, run the upgrade
checklist.
/karen

[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Amit Jain
> Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:33 AM
> To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Upgrade steps from Axapta
3.0 SP3 to Axapta 4.0 Sp2

> Apparently i compiled whole AOT without any luck. Any other
suggestion harry? Can you send me steps and TIPS (DOs and DONTS) for
upgrade from 3.0 SP3 to 4.0 SP2. Also guide me things to remember
while doing and deciding about data migration from old version to new
version.

> Regards
>
> Amit
>

> Regards
>
> Ankit

and then check whether you need to compile the whole AOT again.

> Regards
>

> Harry Deshpande
> http://blogs. msdn.com/ axperf<http://blogs.msdn.com/axperf>

Knowledge- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com] On Behalf Of a b
> Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 3:30 AM
> To: Axapta-Knowledge- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com
> Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge- Village] Upgrade steps from Axapta 3.0
SP3 to Axapta 4.0 Sp2

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to upgrade Axapta 3.0 SP3 to Axapta 4.0 SP2, but i am
getting few errors, which says that application class does not have
runable code in new method and another error related to sysuserInfo
class.

> Once i open the 4.0 environment, i am not able to use any menuitem.
when i click on any menuitem lets say sales order, nothing happens.

> Any suggestions? Also i would appreciate, if you can send me steps
and Dos and Donts while upgrade from these versions.