Hi,

I came across with the steps to install AX 4.0 in XP (i.e. without
domain) while going through AxForum. I didn't test the same ever
before but,it goes like this....

Thanks to 'AxForum'.

Setup on a computer which does not belong to any domain:

Unfortunately setup of AX 4 on the computer outside a domain is
prohibited by installer. But there is a trick for doing such thing and
Ax 4 works good. This trick is tested under Windows XP SP2, it does
not work on Vista.

1. Change the value of there registry key
   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\ ControlSet001\ Control\ ComputerName\
   ActiveComputerName to any value whick does not match name of your
   computer.
2. Set value of environment variable named "UserDnsDomain" to any
   other value
3. Run setup.exe
4. Restore values, changed on the steps 1, 2
5. Go to client and server setup in control panel and change computer
   name to the real name of your computer

Just try the above and pls let me if it is working successfully.

Regards,
Balasubramanian.K

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Anil Ozay"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> If you logon your XP with domain account, yes you can. I install it
on my
> Vista.
>

> I logon the system with my domain account : ERA\anilo and install it.
>

> Regards,
>

> Anýl Özay
>
> Software Engineer
>

> era_imza
>

> ERA Biliþim Danýþmanlýk Hizmetleri A.Þ.
> Erdoðan Özkardeþler Sk. No:9/9
> Gayrettepe / Ýstanbul
> T:+90(212) 288 77 65
> F:+90(212) 288 77 64
> GSM: +90 (530) 519 0 888
>  <http://www.erasolution.com/> www.erasolution.com
>

> DynamicsS(rgb)_4170_4155_4255[2]

tkbsmanian
> Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:08 AM
> To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Can i install Ax 4.0 Object
Server
> in Windows Xp for Demo Purposes?
>

> Hi,
>
> Dynamics AX4.0 AOS installation is not allowed only on the Operating
> systems list given below.
>
> 1. Windows server 2003 R2, Standard Edition
> 2. Windows server 2003 R2, Web Edition
> 3. Windows server 2003 R2, Enterprise Edition
> 4. Windows server 2003 R2, Datacenter Edition
> 5. Windows server 2003 SP1, Standard Edition
> 6. Windows server 2003 SP1, Web Edition
> 7. Windows server 2003 SP1, Enterprise Edition
> 8. Windows server 2003 SP1, Datacenter Edition
> 9. Windows small business server 2003, Standard Edition
>
> Regards,
> Balasubramanian.K
>
> --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village%40yahoogroups.com> , "sivlogu"
> <sivlogu@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Can i install all the roles of Ax 4.0 in Windows Xp system for Demo
> > Purposes?
> >
> > While i am trying to do so, i could not able to install Object
Server.