Hi,

I am not sure what cud be the reason but one behaviour of number sequences i
know is that when ever a number sequences is freed or cleaned it is sent to
Number sequence list (can be viewed from Basic -> setup -> Number sequences
-> Number sequences -> List button) and next time when you create a new
record this number sequence is picked up instead of the next that is
expected. i guess this feature was brought in to re-use the freed number
sequences.

So you cannot totally say that number sequences should be sorted based on
the dates.

Regards,
Sumit