Hi Mikael,

An example javascript you could use is as follows:

<script language="javascript">document.formname.controlname.focus();</script>

...where obviously you need to replace formname with the actual name of the
webform and controlname with the actual name of the control. In the case of
cells in grids each cell by column and row will have its own name so you may
need to look in the WebFormHtml.LayoutGrid method to figure out what the new
item cell will have as its name, if that's where you want the cursor to be
placed.

The script itself can be placed anywhere after the declaration of the form in
the HTML AX passes back to the web server. I typically use a WebUserDefined
control placed under the grid on webforms to add javascript commands in the
appropriate place. The script-command effectively gets called by the web
browser as it reads that line in the HTML it is displaying.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
Keith

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Wallace"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>

> I haven't had to do this in version 4 but in version 3 (ie not using
> sharepoint) the way to do this was to add a bit of javascript to the
> HTML form code that AX sends back (through modifying the
> WebFormHtml.Layout() method). The javascript instruction is
> "document.<HTML form name>.<controlname>.focus()"
>

> I would be reasonably confident that the same thing would work in
AX4 as
> well.
>

> Regards,
>
> Keith
>

> >Set cursor in Web's quick entry
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Axapta-Knowledge-
Village/message/18376;_y

lc=X3oDMTJzdXMwbGljBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzEyNzQ4MDYyBGdycHNwSWQDMTc
wN

TAwMTM4MARtc2dJZAMxODM3NgRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjIxNTQzOTM
4>