Indeed it should not, but it does create a new activity with a new ID
(can't see the ID on the MS Project side).  Clearly we need the new
date to feed through to the item requirement / sales order and then
we can re-run MP.  Also in reverse, if production schedule pushes out
the date of delivery of the item then we need to feed that back tot
he project and finally MS Project.  No doubt we'll have to tweak one
or two things to achieve this...

Hans

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Bb
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Han,
> If you update the activity, for example start/end date, and re-
populate into AX. It should not create new activities in AX because
they are using the same activityId.
> But even you have the updated activity, it won't automatically
update the item requirement's delivery date which master planning
bases on.

> Thanks,
> Kathy
>

> ________________________________
Integration

> Has anyone worked with this much yet? We're trying to set up a demo
> for what seems a simple requirement:
>
> The PM will manage scheduling of activities in MS Project and synch
> AX Projects. Activities in AX have Item Requirements which then get
> scheduled via Master Planning - all ok. PM then re-schedules the
> activity and re-synchs to AX. Instead of seeing date changes in the
AX
> activity we get completely new activities; the old ones are left as
> orphans with the item requirements still attached, so Master
Planning

the Axapta Knowledge Village, Visit www.axapta-knowledge-village.tk