  _____

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Di Gomersall
Sent: 24 November 2008 11:26
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Grouping of production orders for
planning

Properties might help you do this. It won't group them in one
production order because they are different items, but it will
schedule them together or in succession. You can set the property on
the route.

Here's some more info about it from AX2009 Help. The functionality is
the same in previous versions.

Production > Setup > Work centers > Properties

Use this form to assign properties to the different work centers.
These properties are automatically copied to operations, items, and
production orders that are subsequently created for that work center.
You can use properties in a variety of ways. For example, you can
group similar work centers so they can be scheduled simultaneously
for a particular production. Or you can schedule operations with
inherited properties to run in succession on a particular work
center. Properties are also used with production pools.

Example
A series of productions will undergo the same painting operation,
which is set up by putting color in a spray-gun. To minimize setup
time, productions that are to be painted with any one particular
color are grouped. If you use pools and properties together, you can
set up sorting criteria so that production pools will wait for
productions that have identical properties. Let's say that you have
set up the pool sequence: Pool 1, Pool 2, Pool 3, and so on. Each
pool groups productions that share the same properties. Before Pool 1
can proceed to Pool 2, productions with properties 1, 2, and 3 have
to be run.

--- In Axapta-Knowledge- <mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village%40yahoogroups.com>
[EMAIL PROTECTED], "James Flavell"