Michael's suggestion is best for a developer to break in the code at
the error and determine why it is happening.

Kathy Bb also provided some help. She wrote:

One or more pending invoices cannot be displayed because they are in use.
Search for @SYS112584, it does in sys layer
You should be able to find the labal file in the installation directory like
Microsoft Dynamics AX\5.0\Application\Appl\Standard

Using her help I searched the AOT for that label and found that the
error can be issued from only two locations in the code:

1) in the PurchFormLetter_Invoice.chooseAdditionalLine - the failure
occurs when the line being selected in the query to invoice is already
in a parm table for vendor invoice. I.e. could it be a purchase order
that was received in multiple shipments and it is partially invoiced
already?

2) in the init method of the PurchInvoiceMatchingDetails form. The
comment before the error says: "// Don't allow for multiple copies of
the same VendInvoiceInfoTable record."

In case 2,  there are multiple invoices for a single purchase line, so
the software cannot choose a unique invoice for matching.  You did not
indicate specifically what the user was doing when the error appeared.
So I hope these comments are helpful to your further research.