Hi All,

We have started to sell new items which are made-to-order. These
particular items are setup as BOM items, and a unique BOM is attached
to the sales line. Every BOM attached to the sales line consists of
about 6 items, one of which is another BOM. The MRP plan is
run, and viewing the net requirements shows the demand (from the
SalesLine), and a planned order (Ms_Po06000001) to satisfy the
SalesLine. The planned order is sebsequently firmed to create a works
order (W11111).

However, a problem occurs when the MRP plan is re-generated again.
The net requirements suggests the original Works Order (W11111) is
deleted, and that a second planned order (Ms_Po06000002) is created.

After some investigation I considered it odd that the Item Reference
on the References tab was missing - providing the link to the
original sales order. The original Works Order was posted with Update
Marking = No.

Having deleted the original Works Order (W11111), the new planned
order (Ms_Po06000002) was posted with Update Marking = Standard, to
create a new Works Order (W11112). This completed the Item Reference
on the Works Order and Sales Order respectively. BUT when the MRP
plan was re-generated again it still suggested deletion of the Works
Order order (W11112) and proposed another new planned order
instead! :o(

Therefore, Update Marking = Extended, was used which completed the
references, and also resolved the problem of suggesting deletions and
re-proposing a planned order. So far so good... However, a number
orders/items will not firm due to the following error : "No
estimation has been made for sub-production".

So...
1) Why does firming with "Standard" still not consider the relation
between the Sales Order and existing Works Order (and therefore keep
proposing works order deletions and new planned order) when the item
references clearly exist?

2) Does sub-production refer to BOM-Items which are included in the
BOM of the item for which I am creating production for?

3) We estimated all open production orders for any items within the
parent bom - but to no success! Any ideas on how to resolve this
error?

It looks like there is more difference between "Standard"
and "Extended" update marking than the Axapta documentation suggests.
Ie. surely the estimation of sub-production bears no relation to the
link between an existing works order and the sales line.

System: Axapta v3 sp2 (upgrading soon... hopefully)

I look forward to any help or suggestions! :o)

Many Thanks,

Phil.