AccountNum is a very commonly used EDT. The impact of such a change is
huge! It is affecting at least one select statement as indicated in
the message, but I would suspect many more selects would fail for the
same reason.  I would check with your customer to determine if 150
characters is absolutely required.   If so, you have no choice but to
take the advice -- i.e. use the Configuration Utility to increase the
buffer size.  Performance will probably NOT be very good if such a
large account number is used.

You may want to have the customer consult Microsoft support before you
do this. It seems dangerous to me.