From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:axapta-knowledge-vill...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Malcolm Burtt
Sent: 17 March 2009 18:03
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Damn TopMargin property has a mind
of its own!!!

Hi James

My guess is that AX is picking up the limits of the printable area that your
printer supports and enforcing them in your design so that your report
doesn't try and render data into a space that your printer can't actually
print. Pretty much all printers have some degree of unprintable space on the
page but its larger on some than on others. The fact that AX pulls this
setting into the design in such a way that, when exported and imported into
a system where the default printer has a smaller unprintable area, the
margin from your printer is transferred just suggests to me that the
assumption is that the report layout worked with that margin and that you'd
want to keep that to ensure that the report matched what you saw on the
original system.

Something of a rambling answer, I know, but hopefully I got the point
across. J

Regards

Malcolm Burtt

Touchstone Group