Hello James,

First Of all, to enable the guest user and also what i really understand from
you that you are using the RTM VPC from Microsoft and i know in this VPC there
is NO EP Groups at all,

So, for that you can 1st run the Configuration Wizard, after you finished all
the EP groups it'll come and the EP_Guest is one of them, also it's better if
you can understand and check all the default EP Groups and what is the useful
for each groups.

then, to enable the guest user in AX Client you just go to the User form in AX
Client and check the enable button, you don't need to create or assign any user
or groups in AD.

Now, You need to create a new EP Site and use the MS Dynamics Public Template
for this site (this is the one used for the Guest users and Internet sites),
and this can be done from the SharePoint Central Administration Website.

after you successfully create the new EP Site when you hit the URL from AX
Client under the Website form or even from the SharePoint Central
Administration Site, you'll see that the site already logged in with the guest
user this actually for the Internet uses.

I hope if this information is help you.

Best Regards,
Khaled