Hi everyone again

Have any of you developed or thought about how it could be possible for a
customer to enter an order (mainly for stock) via the enterprise portal and
have the order associated to a project?  We dont want to have to create a
complete EP site for project orders but rather prefer to stick to the std
customer role EP as much as possible

The reason is the customers busniess is made up of both installation
projects and service agreements (both created in project module from within
AX windows client) but also spare parts sales (which the customer hopes to
have their customers do via EP).  If we use the std EP which makes only a
normal sales order then total reporting of sales etc will require to run
reports in both project and AR modules (please correct me if I am wrong). I
can get total values from ledger etc but I am referring more to users who
would normally be running sales reports from the sub ledger etc

>From what I can see we only need to assign a project id on the sales order
header and thats it AX will take care of the rest as if it was a sales order
created from project.

So the best solution would be during EP order entry to assign a project id
to the order via some modification.

A manual way I thought of to get the proj id on a EP order is that once an
order is placed on the std EP the internal user can make a project, make a
sales order from the project and then use the 'Copy From' function to copy
the lines from the orginal EP order. Anyone see any problems with doing that
(apart from the extra work...which could be automated farily easily I
guess)?

Also I think I could insert a project id on to the original EP order and
then do 'Copy From' function within this sales order then everything should
also be okay (just make sure to tick 'Delete original lines') and I get to
keep the original sales order number :)

Does anyone see any problems with using this kind of approach? The only
things that seem to be related to project on the sales order is the project
id and the project transaction id (on the sales lines...anyone knows exactly
what this project trans id is for please do let me know..I have a rough idea
but not 100%).

If you got this far thanks for taking the time and I hope we might be able
to share some ideas on a solution :)
Thanks
James