Please define term **infrastructure* *does it means that you don't have
anything, just few computers networked with a typical hub and internet
connection sharing

or you have servers, switches, firewall, remote access, decent internet
Connection, Active directory, Back up devices and IT Team to manage it all,

if you have all these peripherals then

There is basic requirement from Microsoft, if you Google or ask your partner
they can provide you the MS recommendations.

My way of looking at it (it necessary IT stuff is in place)

This is not a rocket science it is all about how you plan it as per your
business growth,  I beleive, you better start with in your environment of
operating system and for server hardware as per the given below transactions
start with mid range server (with most upgrade options). with dual processor
Max memory and plenty of hard disc space.

This is how i will look at it, some else may have different idea...

Cheers