Hi,

Try this,

In the workflow configurations form, select the "PurchReqApproval" approval
flow in the workflow and enable automatic actions for this approval.

What you can set is select the items and for these items select action as
approve.

This way what will happen is PR will not wait for anybody's approval. For
the selected items it will automatically approve the PR and create a
purchase order.

Regards,
Sumit