Hi Eddie,

     As this is a trans table, NotInTTS will be ideal caching mechanism.
Optimizing caching alone may not help. Ideal method of optimizing performance
is analyzing server trace and DMV of the transaction.

If the delay is because of bad Business Logic, then change the code and if its
due bad sql add appropriate indexes.

But, as this is time taking process, I suggest u to put a breakpoint in each
method(override methods if necessary) and see where exactly is it delaying.

During the delay process, run the following Stored Procedures in Sql

sp_who
sp_who2

this will give u the sql that is running from a long time. Then u add the
"where clause columns" as an Index in the Table. This might help.

I personally feel that you need to add/ modify indexes.

Try this and please let me know, if it worked.

Thanks,
Mahesh