U need to enable Email Alerts batch in addition to Change based alerts.
Have u enabled that??
It is in Adminstration ->Periodic -> Email Processing.
Set the recurrence in both the batches.

Also u need to configure Email parameters :
Adminstration ->setup ->Email parameters

Try the above settings.

Regards,
Anitha
Sonata-Software Ltd,