Hi
The best might be to make a display method under either the datasource node or
the table in the AOT.
add a new method with this code to your datasource table :
(Assuming that the config table name is 'configuration', the name field name is
'name' and the configId field name is 'configId')
------------------------------------
display str configName()
{
    configuration      configtabl;
;
    select name from configtabl
    where configtabl.configId == this.configId;

    return configtabl.name;
}
------------------------------------
Of course you can enhance this select with the right index, and a firstonly
option.

Once this is done, under your form design, add a new stringedit control and
point its property 'datamethod' to 'configName' and its property datasource to
the datasource name where the method configname is.

I hope this will help

Regards
JC

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Khan Axapta <axaptak...@...>
wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> I am new in X++, still in starting stage  I need some help from you,
>
>  From the Items Form / onHand Button / Overview Tab /  Configuration Id  is
> displayed
>
> I need to add Configuration Name in this form for that ID.
>
> Can you pls. support me in this regard.
>

> BR
> AX

News-Flash of Axapta Knowledge Village
VISIT THE Microsoft Dynamics AX Knowledge Village at LINKEDIN:
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/165338.

Come and choose your preferred name for Microsoft Dynamics AX on the Axapta
Knowledge Village, Visit www.axapta-knowledge-village.tk

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: