From: Agus Riyadi <agusa...@gmail.com>
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, 12 April, 2010 10:25:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Adding a dimension at a later stage, on
demand and what effort it requires

Hi Anitha,

Very interesting.
How long does it take to add a new dimension manually?

The standard wizard will throw error if you don't have additional license.

Regards,

Agus

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Anitha Santosh <mail2eanitha@ gmail.com>
wrote:

>As you said, I have not tried with the wizard.
>
>The additional dimensions were created manually .
>
>I guess if we are opting the above method for creating new ones,there is no
>need to go for new license concept.
>
>Regards,
>AnithaSantosh
>

>On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Agus Riyadi <agusa...@gmail. com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Rename can be done quite straightforward in the label properties. There are
>>one enum (SysDimension) and several *dimension* EDTs which the label need to
>>be changed. Use find tool to find all objects with that name.
>>
>>To add new financial dimension,from Ax 4.0 there is add new dimension wizard
>>(Tools > Development Tools > Wizard > Fin dimension Wizard). Run it in a
>>development layer e.g. VAR,CUS.
>>This wizard will only run if you have bought additional license. After
>>complete you need to compile and synchronize.
>>
>>Not sure if Anitha Santosh managed to do it manually without having to buy
>>additional license.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Agus
>>

>>On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Anitha Santosh <mail2eanitha@ gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Kishore,
>>>
>>>It is not necessary to buy license for creating a new dimension.
>>>
>>>You need to add a new element in the Base Enum "SysDimensions"
>>>and add the new element in the respoective EDTs like Dimension,Dimension
>>>Priority, DimensionLedgerJ ournal etc.,
>>>
>>>You can find which EDTs to be modified as and when you use the forms.
>>>
>>>Hope this helps!!!
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>AnithaSantosh

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger. Download
Now! http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php