I couldn't find any standard common field that help in separating the
employees,so we added one to map it and use record level security. this will
help at the employee level, but when it comes to other information or function
in HR, organization units may help.Moreover  We need to define Branch,
Department and sub-department for each employee and I want to know whether
organization units can be used since we need to build the organizatino
structure or we have to use dimensions? and if there is a relation between
organization units and dimesions as mentioned in few line in HR materials
"organization units can be selected from employees dimension fields"?

Does AX provide any kind of previlage through organization unit and employee
responsible of the unit?

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, maheswarareddy atchi