Hi,

You can write a class with batch framework (see class
tutorial_runbasebatch), that you set to run every night to check for all
employee that has due one month since the last vacation day update. There
should be a date field in the employee that show what is the last update
date the vacation day was added.
Addition and subtraction code should be straightforward.

Regards,

Agus