Hi nikola,

Axis2c is a Web Services engine that supports SOAP and REST. It
already has modules for
Apache2 and IIS. This is how it works. Consider the scenario of
Axis2/c httpd module.
When a web service request comes to httpd for Axis2/C, it would have
its endpoint url as
http://<domain>/axis2/services/<service name>. So the Axis2/c httpd
module (mod_axis2) accepts all
the requests that have /axis2/ in its url after the domain. Same thing
happens with the IIS module.
So in case of implementing the CGI module, what is necessary is to
write an executable, that would
handle such requests properly using Axis2/C engine.  I guess, ones
implemented, it would be possible to deploy it in both
Apache and IIS.   In this executable, you need to extract the relevant
http headers and the content,
pass that information to Axis2/c engine so that the request is handled
properly.

I guess a good starting point is to download and deploy axis2c with
httpd, then use the tcpmon tool [1]
to have a look at the http requests and responses exchanged between
the client and the server.
This should give you a good idea of what needs to be done.

If you are interested in doing the project, I would like to help you.

Regards
Nandika

[1] http://ws.apache.org/commons/tcpmon/

http://nandikajayawardana.blogspot.com/