Hi all,

I have developed the MTOM Caching stuff and it is almost finished in the
receiving side. The implementation is here [1] as a branch. I have
tested with a 160MB attachment and the results are promising. The main
advantage of this implementation is it keeps a fixed user defined size
of the attachment at any moment during the attachment processing. The
user can implement his own callback to cache the attachment. I have
included a sample callback [2] which stores the attachment in to a
file.

Following are the user configurable parameters in axis2.xml.

<parameter name="MTOMBufferSize" locked="false">10</parameter>

Using this parameter the user can govern the caching threshold. This is
in KB and I will fix this to be in MB.For example this is 10 means any
attachment greater than 10KB will be cached.

<parameter name="MTOMMaxBuffers" locked="false">1000</parameter>

This will tell maximum numbers of buffers Axis2/C can handle when the
attachment comes with a pretty large SOAP envelope. Because we are not
caching the SOAP envelope.

<parameter name="MTOMCachingCallback"
locked="false">/path/to/your/caching_callabck</parameter>

User will specify the callback name using this parameter so that Axis2/C
can load when it wants to cache the attachment. If the user does not
specify this the attachment will be in memory.

I also added a flag called 'cached' to the axiom_data_handler. This flag
will tell whether the attachment is cached or not using the user
provided callback. If it is cached then it is user's responsibility in
his client/service code to find the attachment, because Axis2/C cached
it using his callback.

I have a one major problem in this model. That is if there are more than
one mtom services and if those are going to use different callbacks then
we can't specify this in axis2.xml. We can't specify this in
services.xml either because attachment separation happens before
accessing the service.

So really appreciate your ideas regarding the above parameters, callback
and the problem I have mentioned above.

[1]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/branches/c/post_1_4_mtom/c

[2]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/branches/c/post_1_4_mtom/c/samples/mtom_caching_callback/mtom_caching_callback.c

Thanks,