See remarks below.
_______________________________________
Adrian Dick ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

"Falk Sippach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/06/2005 10:45:01:

> Hello,
>
> I'm still trying to get running a Axis C++ client with a Axis Java
> webservice. Disabling multirefs is working fine now. But I'm still have
> problems.
>

> For example is the type from string return values in some cases
> soapenc:string (if I return a string array) instead of xsd:string (if I
> return a single string). And in SoapDeSerializer.cpp the type is checked
> only with URI_XSD and not URI_ENC. Therefore I get an empty string.

If you're building Axis C++ from source code, you could try applying this
patch (See attached file: SoapDeSerializer.cpp.patch), and seeing if this
resolves the problem.
Taking a skim through the SOAP 1.1 specification, I don't believe this is a
truly correct fix, as this URI_ENC appears to only be used for the String
type - as something to allow multi-ref support.

> If I return integer values I do get an unhandled exception. Debugging
> the AxisClient.dll has shown, that the delete of the member variable of
> "Int" (Int intDeserializer) causes this. The delete happens in the stub
> code (generated by WSDL2Ws), Int intDeserializer exists in
> SoapDeSerializer.cpp.

The serialization/deserialization of all the XSD simple types has just
(yesterday) been reworked, so you will hopefully find using the latest
nightly build resolves this problem.