From: John Hawkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:34 AM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: Re: Axis C++ 1.6Beta fails to load mod_axis2.dll

Could you put start-up trace on for axis please. Set an env AXISCPP_STARTUP_TRACE=logfilename

The log might give you some clues

"Frank Voellmann \(fvoellma\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

14/03/2006 20:56

Please respond to

<axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc
Subject
Axis C++ 1.6Beta fails to load mod_axis2.dll

Hi,
While developing my application, I've had Axis C++ 1.5 and 1.6Beta
running on Win2000 Server successfully, and 1.5 running on Win2003
Server successfully too. My final deliverable requires Axis C++ 1.6Beta
(due to other issues that were fixed) running on Win2003 Server. This
particular configuration has the EXACT same problem as reported by
others for different combinations of OS and Axis C++ version:

Syntax error on line 957 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/mod_axis2.dll
into server: The specified module could not be
found.

From Event Viewer:
The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/modules/mod_axis2.dll into server: The specified module
could not be found.     .
and
The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Syntax error on line 957 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:     .

Line 957 is the first line below:

LoadModule axis_module                 modules/mod_axis2.dll
<Location /axis>
SetHandler axis
</Location>

If I comment this line, Apache starts on Win2003, but axis is not
available. I've followed all the instructions in wininstall-guide,
triple checked it was done correctly, the module is there, in the
correct directory ... HELP!

Has this problem been seen by others using 1.6Beta?
Has there been any solutions for other OS/AxisC++ combinations that I
could try?

I'm running:
Windows Server 2003 R2, Enterprise Edition, SP1
Apache 2.0.55 (apache_2.0.55-win32-x86-nossl.msi)

Any suggestions appreciated, Thanks
Frank