On 1/16/07, ritu gaud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hello,
 thank u very much for ur such useful help, bt i got stucked again,
i am trying to run math.c (math_skeleton.c, math.h) to generate math.exe,
bt this project get compiled successfully, bt while linking gvs me errors
like

math.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
math.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
math.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
math_skeleton.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
math_skeleton.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/math.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
math.exe - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)

hv u tried to generate exe? which file shud i include in vc++ project, to
remove above linking errors?

According to the errors, vc++ cannot find the axiom and util libraries. It
seems that either path to axis2 lib is incorrect or not set. In the vc
project check whether you have set the library path to $AXIS2C_FOLDER/lib.

Nabeel.

PS. I am using VC 2005 Express edition, which is available free of charge.

thank you.

Urvashi

*Nabeel Yoosuf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:

Hi,

If you are using the 0.96 binary distribution, for the time being you can
compile in Linux/Windows with the following steps. (Windows bin release does
not provide assistance on building samples yet, I'll file a JIRA for you.)

In Windows [vc project]
==================
download and extract mathvc.zip from [1] to $AXIS2C_FOLDER/samples/client
you'll need to set include path to $AXIS2C_FOLDER/include and set path to
other required libraries listed in the installation guide

This will place the math.exe file inside Debug folder

In Windows [with nmake]
===================
download and extract build.zip from [1] to $AXIS2C_FOLDER
you'll need to update $AXIS2C_FOLDER/build/win32/configure.in

vcvars32.bat
nmake axis2_client_math

This will place math.exe in $AXIS2C_FOLDER/bin/samples

In Linux
======
cd $AXIS2C_FOLDER/samples
./configure

This will create the Makefile for each sample.

cd client/math
make

If you are using Windows src distribution, there are VC projects under ide
section.

HTH,
Nabeel.
[1] http://people.apache.org/~nabeel/axis2c/tmp/