Hi Michael,

The constants AXIS2_USER_NAME and AXIS2_PASSWORD defined in
axis2_const.h are not in use. If you want Basic http Authentication you
can use Axis2/c with Apache. There is a httpd module for this .Please
see the section Deploying with Apache Http Server in the Axis2/C
mannual.
And Rampart/C also support soap message level Username and Password
support with http.

-Manjula.