We have not released Axis2/C after HTTP Authentication was added. You may use the current svn trunk [1] if you prefer.

-Dumindu.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/c

Michael Mole wrote:

That's great news! Is there a version where I should be able to pick up those changes?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael J Molé
Software Engineer
IBM Software Group - Rational
(781)676-2710

*Dumindu Pallewela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*

08/13/2007 07:38 AM
Please respond to

        Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc
        Michael Mole/Lexington/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject
        Re: Axis2/C - USERNAME and PASSWORD

Michael Mole wrote:

 > I'm looking for more information about AXIS2_USER_NAME and
 > AXIS2_PASSWORD in axis2_const.h.  What are they used for, and how are
 > they used?  I'm still trying to solve my issue of using Basic http
 > Authentication with my web services, and these look like they may be the
 > key.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

We have added HTTP basic authentication support for axis2/c client. All
you have to do is to set the two properties HTTP_AUTH_USERNAME and
HTTP_AUTH_PASSWD in your client code.

Please refer to echo.c [1] for a sample of its usage.

I propose that we remove the AXIS2_USER_NAME and AXIS2_PASSWORD
declarations as they are not being used. HTTP authentication related
declarations can be found in axis2_http_transport.h.

Regards,
Dumindu.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/c/samples/client/echo/echo.c?view=markup