Hi Baxi,
The most common methods that worth looking at are
axis2_msg_ctx_get/set_property_value()
axis2_msg_ctx_get_soap_envelope()

You can pass information between phases using the message context and get/set using the former. If you need to add certain headers to the SOAP message the latter will be useful.

Have a look at Apache Rampart/C handlers[1] how this is done.
Should you need more information other than above, please drop an email to the list, with specific requirement and I'm sure you'll get the help you need.
Cheers,
kaushalye

[1]http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/rampart/trunk/c/src/handlers/

Baxi, Rinilkumar (TCS) wrote:
Hi Kau,

Thanks, the links are really useful.

We plan to develop some custom handlers / modules to meet our requirement
within the legacy system. Do we have any document or link which provides a
detailed description of each phase (for example, pre-dispatch, postdispatch,
and so on). Apart this it would be helpful if we get details about the format
in which information is passed between phases.

This information will be really helpful in deciding design for the handlers /
modules we plan to develop.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Rinil Baxi