On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Alex Bolgarov wrote:
>  > Hi again.
>  >
>  > I've just run the echo service sample within the Apache2 httpd server
>  > (with the mod_axis2 module), I used the echo client but put the
>  > send-receive into the loop with 1,000,000 iterations.
>  >
>  > What I observed, was constant increasing of the memory (both resident
>  > and virtual, as the 'top' command shows) in the httpd process: approx.
>  > 1 megabyte every 5 sec. After 20 min. all physical memory on my
>  > computer was used, and it started hitting the swap, so I terminated
>  > the test.
>  >
>  > What is interesting though, when I run the same echo service with a
>  > standalone Axis2/server (axis2_http_server application), there was no
>  > increase of the memory usage by it - the whole 40 min. the test was
>  > running, the memory usage was stable, and the whole 1 million requests
>  > were successful.
>  >
>  > Should we made a conclusion from this that there is a memory leak, and
>  > specifically, a memory leak in the mod_axis2 code?
>  >

>  What MPM setting did you use with httpd?

The MPM is 'worker' MPM; if this helps, here is call of the
./configure from the shell script that I use to build the Apache:

CFLAGS="-O0 -g" \
./configure\
 "--prefix=${APACHE_PREFIX}"\
 --with-mpm=worker\
 --enable-so\
 --enable-ssl\
 --enable-info=shared\
 --enable-proxy=shared\
 --enable-proxy-connect=shared\
 --enable-proxy-ftp=shared\
 --enable-proxy-http=shared\
 --enable-proxy-ajp=shared\
 --enable-proxy-balancer=shared\
 --with-included-apr\
 --with-expat=builtin

>  Did you set MaxRequstsPerClient setting?

No, MaxRequstsPerClient is set to 0, and yes, I understand that I can
use this to kill old children processes with accumulated memory leaks
and start new fresh ones, but you know, using MaxRequestPerClient is
kind of cheating :) - there should not be memory leaks in the
mod_axis2 in the first place...

Thank you,

    alex.