No, MaxRequstsPerClient is set to 0, and yes, I understand that I can
use this to kill old children processes with accumulated memory leaks
and start new fresh ones, but you know, using MaxRequestPerClient is
kind of cheating :) - there should not be memory leaks in the
mod_axis2 in the first place...

I doubt whether it is a memory leak. When using mod_axis2, memory management is done by apache apr. Memory is released only when pools are destroyed. Memory will not be released when calling AXIS2_FREE. (axis2_module_free is implemented in mod_axis2.c:412 and it is an empty method unless the pool associated with is global shared pool).

When to destroy a pool is in the control of apache. MaxRequestPerClient is a cheating way to force apache to release the pool :)

Regards,
Shankar

Thank you,

    alex.