To Sum from all I like to purpose following

1) Lets have that final boolean enable removing the code that has
dependancy in the compile time
2) Inside the block we will do reflection and and check for the
classes if they are missing use code that do not do MTOM.

I like to purpose to make OMOutput a interface and put a factory that
pick the MTOM dependent or independent OMOutput impl accordingly. And
do the same for OMCharacter if needed.

Thanks
Srinath