On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 09:05 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Sanjiva,
>
> Java2WSDL means more that the commandline tool. It is used at runtime
> to generate WSDL from a composite of information from typemapping,
> deployment descriptors (maybe annotations) etc. Basically if we drop a
> POJO, we should be able to generate a wsdl for it at runtime. Yes,
> we'd have to let admins configure either wsdl1.1 or wsdl2.0 (or) set
> up an alternate url "?wsdl20" for wsdl2.0 and keep "?wsdl" for
> wsdl1.1.
>
> Are you ruling this out for Axis2?

Not at all.

Our deployment model calls for a WSDL to be in the .aar file. If its not
there, then its perfectly feasible for the deployment code to run
Axis1's Java2WSDL and generate one and then ?wsdl (and ?wsdl2 in the
future) can work just fine using that and augmenting it with binding and
port information.

Using Axis1's code at runtime means all the Axis1 stuff needs to be
around at runtime. What I prefer as a workaround is for the tool we're
doing to build an aar file to run Java2WSDL and to generate the WSDL
that way. Then we can fully support ?wsdl without having our own
Java2WSDL tool.

So what I'm suggesting is we do:
        Java -> WSDL -> WOM/ServiceDesc -> ?WSDL
instead of
        Java -> WOM/ServiceDesc -> ?WSDL
and doing this in the tool first rather than in the runtime.

And this is only a tactical proposal. Axis2 1.0 is not the end of the
road .. we need to do far more work to make this beast really be good.

Sanjiva.