Wow, what a change a small image has done to the mailing list. I haven't seen this much of response to issues in JIRA (kidding ... ;-) )
Dims, you are having some creative designing skills too.

Anyway, I like the second version of the image, u've done after Venkat's suggestion. But, as Sanjiva mentioned, its better to have something connected with the earlier axis image too, as it has some already established value. So can we have both ? One can pick anyone depending on the choice.

-- EC

Glen Daniels wrote:

- will look unreadable when made smaller

I think a smaller version

Oops... I meant to finish that "I think a smaller version could be designed with the same general feel but simpler".

In general note that you can't get too small without losing the detail on the feather anyway.

--G