On Mar 15, 2006, at 8:38 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 19:50 -0800, David Blevins wrote:
Dims created an Axis 1.4 final branch in early Dec at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis/branches/ AXIS_1_4_FINAL

There was a vote to release this that went through but the binaries
were never produced.  Geronimo, Jonas and others are using this code
and it would be great to see it made official.  I am volunteering as
Release Manager and would like to kicked this release out the door
before the month is through.

Here is my +1 for me as Release Manager and seeing 1.4 released this
month.

Isn't it a bit weird to release a branch from December in March? I know
the situation is weird but it feels a bit wrong to me :(.

Or maybe not.

Whatever is fine with me.  This is where the discussion happened:

Thread 1
http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-dev@ws.apache.org/msg14431.html

Sub-thread 2
http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-dev@ws.apache.org/msg14438.html

Read those and follow up. As I say, I'm fine with whatever as long as there is any sort of logical reason and people more or less agree.

Thanks,
David