For the JAXB 2.0 handling of attachments see http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/bind/attachment/AttachmentMarshaller.html and http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/bind/attachment/AttachmentUnmarshaller.html These are set on the marshaller and unmarshaller, respectively.

Though now that I think about it, I wonder how the getAttachmentAsByteArray() is handled, given that I'd think this would be called during unmarshalling - is there buffering of the input stream going on? Kohsuke, can you comment on this?

 - Dennis

Glen Daniels wrote:

...attached. Discussed Dennis' proposal for AXIOM refactoring to enable lower-level MTOM support for DB frameworks. We got to consensus on the receiving side, but didn't have a chance to finish discussing the sending side, which we hope to do via email ASAP.

--Glen